Monday, November 9, 2009

Why is hunting and fishing considered a privilege?

It just irks me to think that the Govt is granting me a privilege that is not theres to grant. The acceptance of this attitude by Govt ant the people is why Govt will continue to erode our personal freedoms.

I am giving them the privilege of taking care of these resources. Don't try to switch it around and tell me that you are the one in charge and you will grant me the right to hunt
& fish. I will tell you what is a right and what is a privilege, not the other way around. For I am you-I created you-I fund you.............you work for me.

Thoughts?

5 comments:

Matthew said...

Democracy is a great idea in that it is suppose to be "by the people, for the people", however there is so much personal agenda getting in the way of governing to improve life for people in general that "for the people" now means "for me". Its not just hunting and fishing now either, its cutting firewood and building your house. Now I know that regulation is needed, however as it stands and appears to be heading, soon, the common man won't be able to do anything for himself because he will be regulated into having to ask permision to use two-ply toilet paper to wipe his crack instead of single.

shedhorn said...

Thats how I am feeling more and more. Every day they take another freedom away, I agree there needs to be some regulations for all of the morons out there who cant think for themselves and for those that are selfish, but I cant help but feel smothered. I told Naomi I am going to start packing my pistol on my belt everywhere I go, wal-mart and all, it is my right and I am going to exercise it.

Matthew said...

That is 100% true, let me know how it goes. I bet you'd get some pretty interesting responses. "He's got a gun, call the cops!" Haha. Be sure you have proof of ownership for it.

shedhorn said...

The gun will be registered to me.

But if they want to stop me and run the numbers they better have a darn good reason.

HoneeBee said...

I would love to see some people's reaction to someone carrying a gun around. I would laugh so hard when I saw some people's faces I'm sure.